Friday, April 25, 2008

Pushing Through

This morning I had another session with a personal trainer at my gym. I went in with the mentality that this workout was going to be tough and that it would suck. I could not have been more correct about it. It was an intense workout that involved pulling sleds, pushing sleds, $hitload of pull-ups, sprints, flipping tires, jumping on boxes, squats, lunges, shoulder presses, and push-ups. My legs are destroyed but it is one of those feelings that make you realize you are still human and that you are only making yourself stronger. If you are one of my workout partners and are reading this, rest assured that I will be introducing this type of workout with you whenever we get a chance. In fact this workout was so hard that I ended up in the chump bucket afterwards. This was the first time I've ever hit it but I did. Later today I am going mountain biking in preperation for my race next Sunday. For everyone thats greeted me, thank you for your support. For those of you that didn't, you can eat $hit... Just playing.

I have not been very good in my half marathon training program. Mostly because I've been driving back and fourth from the City of Brotherly Love. There are times when I feel like I don't need to go to certain ROTC functions. My presence is not very signifcant and no one really notices I am around anyway so there isn't a point for me to attend. I end up spending a lot of money on gasoline and I lose money because I don't go to work. It wasn't a wasted trip though. I got to learn a few new things about people and sometimes those little moments make a big impact on your outlook. Its good to know that people have more to them beyond what you can gather just based on their looks. I shared a few drinks with a friend who I never though I would enjoy having a beer with and yet there I was with him for a few hours just sitting back, enjoying the weather, and enjoying our brews. Then I also learned about Foxtrot Bravos. Something we have at one point in our lives and then realize that those moments can sometimes hide the true meaning of what people want from you. So to all those people that made the trip worth while, my hat goes off you and may we share more moments with good laughs, good drinks, and good company.

No comments: