Monday, April 28, 2008

Miranda's Strong Man Competition

Today is Monday and I am in quite a good mood and being very productive. In fact I am so productive that I've decided to slow down the pace at which I am working at to write a little something for all of you. I went to the gym at 4 Dark thirty this morning to do my workout. I decided that I should have a workout that best resembles the World's Stongest Man competitions. So there I was on a four lane indoor track. The lanes are 30m long and are color coated for easy identification. Then I saw the tires which I used last week. I saw a cool looking weight that represented a shot put with a handle. I then figured I would use the pull sled stacked with a whooping 140 lbs. I roll the tire to one end, place the sled next to it, and the shot puts next to the sled. My intentions were to first flip the tire the 30m and back. Soon to be followed by a sled pull for 30m and back. Then it would be a shot put run 30m and back. The final exercise would be a sprint and back with pushups at the end. Most people would be sweating and out of breath after reading all that but for you fitness enthuasits you may have a "woody" for a lack of a better word. After completeing one set I could feel my heart pounding like it want to burst out of my chest but to my disappointment it did not. So I completed two more sets and very angrily walked towards the water fountain to replenish my long lost fluids. Afterwards I did some core exercises that my friend showed me and added a few extra I saw online. I am sitting here feeling rather sore from a difficult exercise. I was going to go for a run this afternoon to continue my 1/2 Marathon training but the weather is not cooperating so I am going to wing it.

No comments: