Friday, May 16, 2008

"You are not Superman"

This week has been really rough at work, at the gym, and at the trails. I have a bad habit of being committed to everything I am a part of. I guess its not always bad but somtimes it turns out that way. I am worried about going to "LDAC" this summer because if I don't pass I will not become an officer and everything I've done would have been for nothing. This fear has coused me to discipline myself a little more then I usually do. I also enjoy mountain biking more then any other activity I have started. I would even go as far as calling it a passion. This passion forces me to want to incorporate mountain biking into my fitness plan just because I enjoy it. Now there's work. It is what I want to do for the rest of my life. Just thinking about calling myself an "RF Electrical Engineer" is making me feel like I have accomplished something. I work for an awesome company that I would really enjoy working for when I am done with college and/or the military.

This week I have been getting up at 0400 in order to go to the gym in the mornings before work. I workout for hour and a half and then go to work. I usually get to work arounf 0645-0700. Monday,Thursday, and Friday (today) I am going to have to work really late. Monday and Thursday I already worked until 2000. The time card shows 13 hours in one day. I get home around 2130 and do some chores around the house to get to be by 2300 just to wake up in a few hours. Then on Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to hit the trails which was enjoyable. I did endo on Wednesday and I hurt my elbow. It has been a really long week and this weekend I have ROTC stuff but it shouldn't be that bad compared to the last few ones.

So I woke up this mornin rather late. I got up at 0600 and woke my mom up. She saw me and I had this look of exhaustion. The first thing she says is"Paul, you are not Superman... You need your rest just like the all human beings." I know I need my rest but I do not like it when people question my committment. I usually go a little m0re then what is expected of me because I want the people I work with to know that they can trust me. Hopefully it is not going to ruin my life but right now it is kicking my ass trying to keep up with a schedule I set up for myself.

No comments: