Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thanks Combatives

I went for a ride yesterday with some people from MTBNJ at 6 Mile Run. I had an awesome time. It was fun not only because I was on a bike but because the group of people I was riding with made everything quite enjoyable. I did have my moments to remember though. Before the ride even started I had flat rear tire because the valve was leaking. I run around a get a spare 29er tube. I rush over to the trail and fix it. The ride starts and we are moving at a good pace but nothing too fast. Then I take my first spill because I leaned the bike to much trying to corner at speed that it washes out from underneath me. Then I end up breaking my pedal on one side. The ride continues and we are moving along crossing over man made bridges and log piles (29ers eat these up BTW). Then We are going across the final bridge which goes over a canal about 5-6 ft. Of course I am the one that falls in. Thanks to combatives I learned how to brak my fall correctly without hurting myself and it worked. I got right up and continued to ride. Then as we approach the end of the ride I end up getting a flat tire in the front. Damn I got tubeless tires for a reason; TO AVOID FLATS!!! How do I get two in one ride? Oh well time to upgrade the wheels I think.

Finally I am going to talk about women and bikes. I think the combination is magnificant. I think that if a man and woman are going to get along, certain sacrifices need to be made by each person. Sometimes you have to accept the lifestyle of the other person and try it out. I am convinced that if a girl wants to be a part of my life intimately, they are going to have to try riding a bike a few times. Luckily my girlfriend now has tried it and continues to ride so she is making the right choices without me having to nag her. She is also my biggest supporter when it comes to racing. No one else in my family is so eager and enthuastic to come to my races and watch me. So for those who think girls on bikes aren't hot check out Niki Gudex. Beautiful woman, XC champion, DH champion and everything else in between.
niki

No comments: