Thursday, May 22, 2008

Internal Conflict

This week has turned out to be quite a ride. I am very tired and struggling to keep the pace at which I have set myself up for. I have been working almost 10-12 hours everyday and driving back and forth from Philadelphia to meet my ROTC responsibilities. It was nice since I was able to hang with my friends still in that area.

A close friend of mine talked to me about having some problems with his girlfriend. He had been dating her for a few years now and it seems like they are having a serious relationship. His problem is that he wants to break up with his girlfriend because he feels like the relationship is not going anywhere. She wants to have a future with him but he doesn't see himself with her. I am not sure why he feels that way because he has an amazing girlfriend but it doesn't matter what other people see all that matters is what you see and what you want. He told me that he feels "comfortable" with the relationship and he doesn't really know what to do if they would break up. A person once told me that you need to be able to stand on your own two feet if you ever want to make it so I passed that information to my friend.

I can see that guys and girls are different when it comes to relationships. Women like to see the future and plan far ahead and want head over heels commitment early on. Men (at least for me) are more concerned about their well-being before making plans of taking care of other people. I am a very ambitious person and have a lot of goals I set up for myself. I have a long list of things I want to experience before getting married and I don't feel like someone should hold me back from doing those things. I want to feel like I accomplished what I set myself up to do. Sometimes a person can help but wonder if you can have a playmate and a spouse in one person. Someone who enjoys everything you doon the weekends and rubs your back at the end of a hard day at work.

No comments: