Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Confident but Not Ready

I had ROTC drill this weekend and I am glad to say I had a good time. The atmosphere was very calm and not stressful by any means. We started the weekend with Field Leader's Reaction Course. It is basically a bunch of different obstacles a squad must complete. Many of the tasks seem impossible but a great deal of teamwork and strong leadership are needed to succeed. I had a good evaluation for my leadership and boosted my confidence for LDAC. Afterwards we did some Land Nav. It is pretty boring stuff but I ended up getting 6 out of 6 points. I was too HOOAH for my own good that I figured if I got back early I had more time to chill. I was sadly mistaken and had to go back out and find more points. Then we finished the weekend with the Basic Rifle Marksmanship. I qualified but I should get better as time goes on.

So I did a lot of "warrior" tasks and proved to myself that I am tactically and technically proficent but I still don't feel like I am ready for LDAC. I think I need to keep my guard up and continue to prepare in the same intensity I am currently doing. Although a bunch of other things in my life are at a stand still, I find that it may be worth it as long as I kick LDAC in the ass.

No comments: