Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was pretty uneventful and filled with the same old stuff.

Friday:
After work a few of my co-workers and I decided to go to Happy Hour at a place called Beacon Street Grille. The beers were pretty high on my scale of what I should pay for a pint but all is well when in good company. I ordered sushi because I am one huge sushi fan. I learned a valuable lesson that American Lagers and Japanese food DO NOT taste very well. It was also fun hanging out with a bunch of the guys while we talked about girls, girls, and more girls. I ended up having 2 beers and then then calling it quits and going home.

Saturday:
I spent the morning doing trail maintenance at Round Valley State Park. A section was eroding pretty bad so we filled it in and spent four hours getting bitten by bugs and rolling huge rocks into place. While driving there I was doing about 80-85 MPH which is rare for me. If you know me, you would know that I do not speed at all so I was pretty cautious. As I am driving I see a cop putting his seat up and getting ready to drive out of his "trap" zone. I am thinking he tagged me and I look in my mirrors and he pulls out and has his siren on. I think to myself "F*CK!!!!" this is going to suck. He gets behind me and then immediately shifts the left lane and pulls over this SUV a few cars ahead of me. I was so happy he didn't get me.

Sunday:
Mother's Day in my family does not really mean much. We already do a lot of things for each other that this day was pretty much like any other weekend and we eat out at some different place. I learned that Seventeen Magazine is the reason why the younger generation of women is all messed up. The magazine had articles for girls on how to pick up guys at the beach and how to finally have that summer romance you only read about. There was also an article on how to pick the perfect swimsuit to show off the most cleavage. It just proof that we are all headed for the $hitter. We already know that guy's magazines aren't any better but what are you going to do; the world and the people in it are f*ucked.

No comments: